October 24, 2015

How Are You Living?

"What matters is not the duration of your life, but the donation of it. Not how long you lived, but how you lived. You are going to give your life for something. What will it be—a career, a sport, a hobby, fame, wealth? None of these will have lasting significance. Service is the pathway to real significance. It is through ministry that we discover the meaning of our lives. The Bible says, "Each of us finds our meaning and function as a part of his body" (Romans 12:5 Msg) - Rick Warren.

Those words struck a deep chord as I sat in a memorial service where I'd been asked to sing. As I listened to the tributes being offered, I thought, "Wow. What a life." It wasn't perfect, but it was enviable. We were celebrating a man who had great vision and lived every moment positively impacting the lives of others. He was fearless in his expression of faith and boldly shared the gospel of Jesus Christ with anyone he could. Many said he'd left this earth too soon, but the way he lived and what he'd accomplished seemed like the product of many lifetimes. He was committed, and passionate. Purpose drove him.

Myles Munroe said, "Die empty." Leave nothing you are purposed to do undone. I find myself on a journey of epic proportions. Not just serving, worshiping, or teaching our youth, but writing and publishing books as well as promoting my first worship conference. It sometimes seems surreal. Mainly because I am just a vessel. I have to rely on God every step of the way.

One thing is clear, a God-given vision is never accomplished without God. It is larger than life. You face doubt. You battle fears, yet giving up is not an option. I have decided to live on purpose, to die empty. This resolve allows me to keep moving in spite of uncertainty. Fear becomes motivation, not discouragement or prevention. Whatever you are destined to do, do it scared. Don't stop. That's when you're living? That's how you live.

2 comments:

  1. That worship conference will be outstanding, sister, with your resolved to move out of the way and allow the Lord to flow through you in such a purposeful way. I love your message and am encouraged in my purpose as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this encouragement. Blessings to you in your process.

    ReplyDelete