April 22, 2014

I love Dr. Seuss

I love Dr. Seuss. Oh yes, I do. Some of his quotes gave me the greatest joy today; starting with, "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” The last line was my favorite. I felt invincible.

There are other Seuss quotes in my happy place. The next was encouraging and so true. “If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”  Those words evoked emotions and I could not contain them. Supernatural bursts of energy infused me - to keep moving, keep dreaming, keep doing, until I actually 'start happening'. 


I bounced right from that quote to, “You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting,  So... get on your way!” You know what? I believe. I am off to great places. My expectations have risen 1000%.

By the time I got to the next quote - Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try My brain had moved into overdrive... creativity stretched, yawned and said, "I am here, I am up, and I am ready. Let's go!"

I was having a ball; then I saw, If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good. I made a decision to lighten up even more. I promised myself that I would do spontaneous and joyous things. For me that could be as simple as a long walk on the beach right before the sun begins to set. I actually envisioned myself there as that beautiful ball of orange slowly sinks below the horizon. I am sitting on the sand, water gently lapping at my toes, banana split in hand, and a languid smile on my face. 

With his words, Dr. Seuss reminded me that,  It's not about what it is, it's about what it can become.” I believe I will hold on to that perspective and begin again tomorrow full of hope, determined, armed with a bat and a great attitude. 

The end quote? “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”  I strive to make this my perpetual perspective. After all "It is fun to have fun. 

My bond with Dr. Seuss has been renewed. Who knows what is in store tomorrow, yet somehow it does not matter, I will make it an awesome day! I know - it's up to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment