April 25, 2014

You Better Work!

Everyday, when you awake, you make a decision to get up, get yourself ready, and go. God just encouraged me this morning by reminding me of this fact. He said, "It is that simple. Make a decision everyday to serve with joy and gladness. Make a decision to complete whatever you start. Make a decision to win. All you need is a decision."

When you make a decision to get up, your brain communicates with your body and your body moves. If you decide to get ready to go, you prepare (find an outfit, take a shower, shave or put on makeup). You get the picture right? Corresponding action is necessary. To decide to do a thing requires both commitment and follow through. 

Are you willing to pay the price for your success? That is a loaded question, but it is unrealistic to have the expectation that simply deciding will make things happen. I am a part of the "you" that I'm talking to today, because there are times when I have to become a cheerleader and self-motivate. You have to sacrifice to bring the vision to life.

Sometimes I am wearied by the process, but I know that stopping is not an option. I regroup, refresh and keep moving toward my goal. There is no time out in a race - no hold on a minute - let me get myself together moment. Keep running until you reach the finish line, or you will become disqualified. Thank God this process is not a race. 

Don't focus on people in the other lanes, pay attention to your assignment. Runners are aware of the people running with them, but they are not turning around to see what others are doing. They run to win. They keep their eyes on the goal. Sometimes you make a decision, but when you see others who appear to be closer to achieving what they set out to do, you lose focus and become discouraged. Don't do that. Your work is your work. That is your focus. It is that simple, and I am grateful. 

Decide today that you will be a success. Understand that the journey is not always easy. Commit to achieving your goals, and whatever you do - don't.give.up. Your reward is coming, but to see it, you better work.




No comments:

Post a Comment